Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lost in Laurel - perspectives, seasons and shopping

Sugar's thinking, "Some days ya'know...makes me wonder things like - Where am I? Where is everyone? Am I lost in Laurel, MD?"
"Then, some days we have yucky weather which mean it's time to work inside. How come I'm stuck up here and Shadow...whatta ya down there?" Sugar is musing. Shadow's thinking...."How come Sugar you're UP THERE on a Place command and I have to hold a Sit/Stay...don't they know how widdle I am?"
"Where is everyone? How come I'm doing a Sit/Stay, all my by lonesome...in the rain?" sighs Sugar.
Yikes....then Monday, yippee! rain's gone and it's hot, hot, hot! So hot...the pool had to come out so all us dogs could cool off! Hey, scoot over..there's standing room only with you in here too! Duchess...the pool princess! Ah....at last, tis solo pool time at last. Time for Sugar to chill out..:) "Whaaat's this? Rain? Again? Soggy, gooey, sticky mud I have to wade through at the Labrador Retriever Speciality today in Frederick? Yuck! Whata you mean? I have to do a Sit/Stay, in the mud, with all these other dogs watching?" mutters Sugar. "What?" Sugar wonders..."You expect me to do a Down/Stay in gooey, ooey, sticky mud almost 4" thick?" Yup...I do, Sugar:) "Can't believe you expect me, a Labrador Retriever, with my legs and belly totally muddy from the last Down/Stay, to do more Down/Stays....in a 6" puddle of water with people walking by, admiring my obedience..and taking my picture while saying I'm cute!" Sugar sighs. "Are we done yet?" Nope...not yet, Sugar:)





"Whew...nearly dry from today's 'mud training at Frederick' and NOW...she expects me to go 'shopping at the hardware store AND carry the basket?" Oh..well, I am a Labrador Retriever and this is my job! Can we go home now?" Sugar asks. Yes...let's go home and get dry..shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment