Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Excuses poem

Excuses – We all have’m

I cannot train my dog today,
the sky is overcast and gray,
the air's too damp,
I've got a cramp,
and the dog's just eaten anyway.

Can't find the leash,
got home too late,
I'm due somewhere tonight at eight.
I've got a rash, a gash and bumps,
too tired now to get the jumps.

Traffic's made me tense and strained,
I have to lose this weight I've gained.
How can we work when it's just rained?

The dog's too hyper,
my mood is blue,
I must be coming down with the flu,
I cough, I sneeze and wheeze and choke,
Oh darn! My only dumbbell broke!

Too cold outside - my feet are numb.
There's a sliver in my thumb.
The house needs cleaning, it's a sight.
I have to work overtime tonight.
I had a nap.
Had company.
Lawrence Welk is on TV.
My toe is sore - it might be gout,
I think my hair is falling out.

I ate too much.
My day's been rough.
I think my dog has had enough
of this daily training grind,
we need some time off to unwind.

Author Unknown
Maryland had a snow/ice storm that came in last night....but dogs still need to be worked and brrr.....it's so cold outside! That means it must be time to work the dogs inside where it's warm and heated:) So, all excuses set aside, it's time to go work dogs as training never ends here at Applewoods - no matter what.
Roxanne

.

No comments:

Post a Comment